|William - Sunrise from the bridge Alexandre III|
We left early to see the rising sun, magnificent sun which accompanied us during the run and gave us beautiful images of Paris.
25 km allows to see full of beautiful Parisian places, in particular:
- The Alma bridge and its "zouave" - Remember this visit with Lotte, where we speak about the "Zouave" and the river Seine.
|William - "Pont de l'Alma"|
- The garden of the Trocadéro and the Eiffel tower
|William - "Tour Eiffel"|
- The "Invalides" - We also went there during this tour with Sharon. We had evoked the history of these cannons.
Look, a small rabbit hardly hidden by the cannons came to greet us.
|William - "Esplanade des Invalides" - On the right, a little rabbit from the Invalides|
- The Arc of the Carrousel - The "Arc du Carrousel" comes to us from Napoleon the Ist (We had discussed it with Kristy) and the horses are copies of the horses stolen by Napoleon in Venice (their story had been told during the tour with Ingrid). Carrousel? A merry-go-round? Actually, this name is connected to an equestrian show which took place at the time of the king Louis XV.
|William - "Arc du Carrousel"|
- The French National Museum of Natural History ("Muséum Naturel d'Histoire Naturelle") whose head office is in Paris, here in the magnificent Garden of the Plantes ("Jardin des plantes").
|William - "Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle" - "Jardin des Plantes"|
- The Square of the "Hôtel de Ville" of Paris (The City hall of Paris). Look at the drawing at the ground. We can see a ship. It is the Paris coat of arms. If there is a place where to see the symbol of Paris, it is here, at the "Mairie de Paris", the Paris city hall!
To know more about it about this blazon, read the explanations which we left to describe the running tour with Emily.
|William - "Hôtel de Ville de Paris"|
- The famous bookshop "Shakespeare and Company", the Mecca of the Anglo-Saxon culture in Paris, in particular, a meeting place for the American and Anglo-Saxon writers as Woody Allen evokes it in the movie "Midnight in Paris" (see the photo of the movie where we see the character interpreted by Owen Wilson in front of the bookshop):
|William - Shakespeare and Company - Wallace fountain|
- The magnificent banks of the Seine:
|William - Saint-Michel bridge - To the left: the island of "La Cité" with Notre-Dame, to the right: the left bank of the river Seine|
Merci William !
The route of the tour: